I’m Jay Holden, a full-time marketer and part-time game designer with a 6-year history in advertising.
Why do you have a website?
So you can get a quick snapshot of who I am. Plus I like making websites in my spare time.
What have you done so far?
- I have been the dungeon master and created original storylines, monsters, encounters, traps, spells and magic items in Dungeons & Dragons games for 3 groups of players over the past 5 years. Most recently I published for sale Vampire Lord Abner, a climactic Dungeons & Dragons boss fight intended for characters levels 8 through 11. You can read more about the design process here.
- I helped organize the first annual Soulsgiving 2015 charity event, featuring 3 days of streaming from 8 popular internet personalities that together raised over $1,200 for Child’s Play.
- I’ve written articles totaling 25,000 views on the marketing and design of video games. These articles have been featured on Gamasutra and top stories on Medium as well as popular game blog Fextralife.
- I created and maintain the unofficial @BloodborneGame Twitter account with 10k followers. I collaborated with Sony employees pre-launch to promote the game via the account.
- I manage a Youtube channel covering Dark Souls and Bloodborne gameplay critique and discussion with 25,000 total views.
Visit the About page for a more detailed professional bio.